Tomblin presents $1 million for displaced workers
Several arrested on drug charges
Logan High School 2016 Homecoming Royalty
Landau: “Baby I’m a Star”
- Tomblin presents $1 million for displaced workers - 12:38 am
- Several arrested on drug charges - 12:30 am
- MHS presented Jennings Randolph Award - 11:58 pm
- Rebellion in the Hills - 2:42 am
- Man flees police in UTV - 2:41 am
- 2016 LHS Homecoming Parade lineup - 2:41 am
- Hatfield McCoy church service scheduled Sunday - 2:40 am
- Women reportedly attempts to bribe police - 3:31 am
- Chapmanville Council addresses new, old business - 3:31 am
- Landau: “Baby I’m a Star” - 3:30 am
- Lowes builds handicapped swing at Dingess Elementary - 3:30 am
- Why we stay in West Virginia - 12:53 am
- C-Ville departments report to council - 12:53 am
- Public hearing set on Proposed Source Water Protection plans - 12:53 am
- Show your homecoming spirit - 3:53 pm updated: 6:04 pm.
- Murray, Cole speak at TVMI meeting - 2:35 am
- Rebellion in the Hills this weekend - 2:35 am
- Grand Jury indicts father, son on meth lab charges - 2:34 am
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Walk - 2:34 am
- First Lady Tomblin visits LRMC - 3:27 am
- Indictments released from September Grand Jury - 3:26 am
- Logan PD swears in two new officers - 3:26 am
- 11th Annual Steve “Duco” Ratz Ride set - 3:25 am
- August Officer of the Month - 1:47 am
- Town residents address Chapmanville council - 1:47 am
- Mayor discusses movie night, other activities - 1:46 am
- Local First Responders honored on 9/11 - 1:46 am
- West Logan hit with two overdoses in two days - 1:46 am
- Vallet discusses Man’s wastewater rate increase - 1:46 am
- Municipal League project kicks off in Logan - 1:46 am
- Grants presented to local Justice programs - 2:24 am
- LCC has short agenda at Monday meeting - 2:24 am
- Man council moving forward on sewer problem - 2:23 am
- Mayor, council asks public to stop feeding strays - 2:23 am
- West Virginia residents can submit questions for Oct. 4 gubernatorial debate - 2:23 am
- Holden Mine Memorial - 3:23 am
- Man charged with assault on officer - 3:22 am
- View Story - 7:51 am
- Group pushing Earned Income Tax Credit for W.Va. - 7:46 am
- LRMC to host Infant Safe Sleep event - 7:46 am
- Program revealed to prevent suicide among veterans - 12:39 pm
- Memorial for miners at Holden 22 - 2:42 am
- Superior Coal job fair scheduled for Logan - 2:42 am
- Cole visits the Coalfields - 2:19 am
- Annual Labor Day Celebration in Boone County - 2:19 am
- UMWA Keep the Promise rally today - 2:18 am
- Salvation Army to open thrift store - 5:03 am
- AP Exclusive: $90M investment for 2 new coal mines - 5:02 am
- Revenue numbers dip again in August - 5:02 am
- 1st Woods & Water Festal closes - 2:04 am
Landau: “Baby I’m a Star”
LOGAN, W.Va. — Logan County’s famed recording artist, winner of America’s Got Talent Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. has begun a new musica...
Lowes builds handicapped swing at Dingess Elementary
DINGESS, W.Va. — Lowe’s donates $2,500 yearly to fund projects to help the surrounding communities and this year through collaboration wit...
Why we stay in West Virginia
LOGAN, W.Va. — West Virginia’s national profile has endured something of a dichotomous existence.We live a world encased by natural beauty...
C-Ville departments report to council
CHAPMANVILLE, W.Va. — The Chapmanville Town Council heard reports from department heads during what was a rather lengthy council meeting held Mo...
Public hearing set on Proposed Source Water Protection plans
CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR), Bureau for Public Health’s Office of Environmental ...
Show your homecoming spirit
LOGAN, W.Va. — Friday September 23 will mark Logan High School’s Homecoming Parade and football game, and two groups have come together to...
Chapmanville soccer falls at Lincoln County
Lincoln County defeated the Chapmanville Regional High School soccer team 6-1 on Thursday night at Hamlin.Chapmanville dropped to 6-4-2 on the season ...
LMS, CMS football roll to blowout wins
LOGAN, W.Va. — The Logan Middle School football team had an easy time with Ravenswood on Thursday as the Timberwolves won 52-12 over the Red Dev...
Stay safe in the outdoors
September 24 was the opening day of the West Virginia archery season for deer, bear and wild boar. That means the hunters are back in the woods full f...
C-ville-Logan has had rich rivalry
LOGAN, W.Va. — Over the last 15 years the Logan-Chapmanville high school football series has produced some interesting twists and plot lines.Gam...
Coaches say 7:30 is just fine
There seems to be a push nationwide to change the traditional 7:30 p.m. high school football starting times back to 7.The thinking is this.With an ear...
Prep soccer: Tigers tie 3-3 at Mingo
NEWTOWN, W.Va. — The Chapmanville Regional High School soccer team’s 3-3 tie at Mingo Central on Wednesday was a costly one.One of Chapman...
START to meet Thursday at picnic
MAN, W.Va. — August 25th was the date of the START (Seniors Taking Active Rolls Today) meeting held at Bruce McDonald Memorial United Methodist ...
Lions Club Rubber Duck race floats along
LOGAN, W.Va. — What started as a fun project several years ago by the Logan Lions Club has turned into that service organizations big annual fun...
GFWC members attend conference
LOGAN, W.Va. — Five members from the Logan and Omar Woman’s Club attended the General Federation of Woman Club’s 43rd Summer Confere...
Mud Fork-Verdunville reunion held
VERDUNVILLE, W.Va. — The 16th Annual Mud Fork-Verdunville Reunion was held Aug. 13 at the Maryetta United Baptist Church.The group meets during ...
McConnell native to visit home church
McCONNELL, W.Va. — Sunday, September 11 at 10:30 a.m., Randy Pizzino will be speaking at the First Baptist Church of McConnell — the churc...
It’s time for the Bushes to come out against Trump
The first volume of Winston Churchill’s swashbuckling history of his war, World War II, bore the title, “The Gathering Storm.”The st...
A Roman realization: One bad candidate can’t kill democracy
ROME — When Gary Johnson had his Aleppo moment a week ago, I was among those who could not believe his absolute incompetence. I understand that ...
For Clinton, ominous signs in Ohio
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio — In less than a week, Hillary Clinton went from a 7 point lead over rival Donald Trump to a 5 point deficit in this must-win ...
Taking the lowly position of a child
“At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, ‘Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?’ 2 He called a little chi...
Early Logan County was a ‘mess’
The July 23rd 1929 edition of The Logan Banner proclaimed that 10,000 or more people had attended the third annual reunion of the Devil Anse Hatfield ...
Two women, two wildly different views on abortion
When you have a certain reputation for being, let’s just say, unambiguously pro-life, people who don’t share your beliefs will be, letR...