Logan County Cleanup ending
Hearing held for judge’s race
Millions coming to boost economy
Purple Heart Trail Ride, Poker Run
Bridge dedicated to Bryant, McNeely
- Summer Blowout Party planned - 3:23 am
- Logan’s State Tax Department office to close - 3:23 am
- Logan County Cleanup ending - 1:28 am
- Logan to begin free movie night - 1:28 am
- TAS to hold auditions for Little Shop of Horrors - 1:27 am
- Man allegedly planned to kill girlfriend - 1:27 am
- Hearing held for judge’s race - 8:52 am
- Millions coming to boost economy - 5:15 pm
- Purple Heart Trail Ride, Poker Run - 3:37 am
- Logan Co. Schools releases 2016 Preliminary Test Data - 3:36 am
- W.Va. schools provide meals to students at no cost - 3:36 am
- Bridge dedicated to Bryant, McNeely - 2:42 am
- Bathroom guidelines issue at Logan County Schools - 2:41 am
- Wyoming Co. worst for drug deaths - 5:30 pm
- Groups team up to restore Chafin Home - 4:16 am
- Small fire reported at LRMC - 4:16 am
- LCC contributes to school supply drive - 4:15 am
- Back to school in Logan County - 4:51 am
- New business relocates to Mingo Co. - 4:50 am
- TVRRC announces three September 5K races - 4:50 am
- Hillbilly River Run set for Aug. 27 - 4:50 am
- “BEE”ing nominated - 4:49 am
- How to avoid a ‘Syrian-style’ refugee crisis in Venezuela - 4:48 am
- Logan County schools in session - 12:55 am
- More spending allegedly tied to Doty - 12:54 am updated: 9:58 am.
- Police seeking for hit-and-run driver - 12:53 am
- Fishing Tournament winners - 4:24 am
- Burglar arrested in Big Creek - 4:23 am
- Tourism Commission meets in Logan - 4:23 am
- AG’s office makes $3M settlement with Kroger, CVS and Walgreens - 4:23 am
- Jenkins hosts tourism roundtable - 7:00 am
- Burch PK-8 - 7:00 am
- Man accused of assaulting child - 7:00 am
- LEASA team places 2nd in competition - 12:59 am
- Backpack assembly resumes Monday - 12:43 am
- ARTS to stage “Night of the Living Dead” - 12:30 am
- Make Back to School driving safer - 12:15 am
- Southern-Powersports program gets thumbs up - 11:58 pm
- Red Jacket man charged with attempted murder - 11:55 pm
- Logan Mayor elected to position on WVML - 11:46 pm
- Capito visits Logan County - 5:18 am
- Several events happening this weekend - 5:18 am
- No change in FEMA project delay - 5:17 am
- Woods & Water Festival queens crowned - 2:51 am
- Chapmanville dump site opens Friday - 2:51 am
- Hearing set to decide judges race - 2:50 am
- Man council hears from engineering firm - 2:38 am
- BOE hires interim superintendent - 2:37 am
- Barker accepts Chapmanville mayor’s seat - 1:20 pm
- Tony Gill Fishing Tournament approaches - 4:08 am
Logan Co. Schools releases 2016 Preliminary Test Data
LOGAN, W.Va. — Logan County Schools’ students participated in the WV General Summative Assessment during Spring 2016. The assessment items...
W.Va. schools provide meals to students at no cost
LOGAN, W.Va. — Students in Logan County Schools will once again have the opportunity to eat breakfast and lunch at school at no cost as the coun...
Bridge dedicated to Bryant, McNeely
WEST LOGAN, W.Va. — The Peach Creek bridge was dedicated to honor Clyde Elmo Bryant and Bethel Howard McNeely Aug. 20.A resolution officially na...
Bathroom guidelines issue at Logan County Schools
LOGAN, W.Va. — Logan County Schools has entered the ongoing issue surrounding the use of school bathrooms by transgender students.The issue was ...
Wyoming Co. worst for drug deaths
Using 16 years’ worth of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data, a report called “Overdose” has identified Wyoming County a...
Groups team up to restore Chafin Home
The last house on the left on Main Street in downtown Logan bearing the number 581 has been a mainstay of local history, politics and civics for nearl...
Tigers upended by Indians in opener
The Chapmanville Regional High School football team put up a good fight but fell 22-15 at Sissonville on Friday night in the season and Cardinal Confe...
Cats score ‘Early’ and often vs. Man
Logan High School’s much-heralded freshman phenom quarterback David Early had a successful debut in the Wildcats’ 48-13 win over county ri...
Early squirrel season woes
Ahh, it finally looks like the weather might be starting to cool off just a little and get back to some more tolerable temperatures. I was beginning t...
Logan, Man to induct new Hall of Fame classes
Five new members of the Logan High School Athletic Hall of Fame will be inducted this week. Brent George, Alfred G. Vance, Cory Pearson, Roger Pear...
Newcomers key for Tigers in opener
CHAPMANVILLE — Several Chapmanville Regional High School football players will be shifting into starting roles for the first time as the Tigers ...
Panthers open season at Sherman
SETH – The Tug Valley High School football team will begin their regular season on the road against the Sherman Tide on Friday night.Tug Valley ...
Listing of July 2016 marriage licenses
LOGAN, W.Va. — Logan County Clerk John A. Turner has released the listing of marriage licenses issued for the month of July 2016.Roger Travis Is...
2016 We Can Camp a success
LOGAN, W.Va. — Every August for three days ‘at risk children’ from Logan, Mingo and Boone Counties get a unique vacation — We ...
LHS Class of ‘66 finalize reunion plans
LOGAN, W.Va. — The class of 1966 will celebrate their 50th graduating year in October.A meet and greet will be held Friday, October 14, at Logan...
McConnell church hosts VBS
McCONNELL, W.Va. — The First Baptist Church of McConnell conducted Vacation Bible School from July 24-29 with the theme Joshua: Conquering the E...
May/June marriage licenses issued
LOGAN, W.Va. — Logan County Clerk John A. Turner has released the listing of marriage licenses issued for the months of May and June 2016.Clinto...
Invest in a young person thisyear by serving as a mentor
By Dr. Lori WerthProvost, University of PikevilleAround the country children of all ages are soaking up the last days of summer, looking, or perhaps n...
Clinton and Trump are both wrong on corporate taxes
Hillary Clinton thinks corporate taxes are too low. Donald Trump thinks corporate taxes are way too high. They’re both wrong, and the economic c...
We need Pokémon passion for Christ
You can’t help but notice lately there are strange people walking and riding all over Logan totally fixated on their cell phones. Nothing can st...
Love story of lone Aracoma raid survivor
Tradition has it that the first inhabitants in Logan were a tribe of Shawnees ruled over by Princess Aracoma. And, while nearly everyone is familiar w...
Developments related to Alzheimer’s offer hope
Ron D. Stollings, MD, FACPGuest ColumnistNew studies presented at the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference 2016 in Toronto, Canada, ...