Council receives Womans Clubs
TAS set for “Grease” and “Hairspray”
Logan BOE begrudgingly approves bids for new school
Giggenbach joins prosecution in Porter trial
WPD investigates vandalism
- Janet’s Appalachian Recipes - 10:45 am
- Judge orders Volkswagen to pay $2.8B in emission scandal - 10:44 am
- Commission to pen Matewan Drama Group support letter - 10:44 am
- Coal-state lawmakers push to extend retired miners’ benefits - 10:44 am
- Council receives Womans Clubs - 3:35 pm
- Logan is the 1st Purple Heart City - 3:35 pm
- TAS set for “Grease” and “Hairspray” - 3:35 pm
- Low revenues strain Mingo County budget - 7:32 pm
- Father sues urolgoic surgeon for child’s injuries - 7:32 pm
- Justice governor signs broad medical marijuana bill - 7:32 pm
- Logan BOE begrudgingly approves bids for new school - 7:31 pm updated: 9:14 pm.
- Chamber to host Moonshine Masquerade - 5:06 pm
- Giggenbach joins prosecution in Porter trial - 5:25 pm
- Most coalfield counties still losing jobs - 5:12 pm
- Elimination of 47,000 outdated voter files - 1:00 pm
- WPD investigates vandalism - 5:28 pm
- Prayer Club delivers Easter food boxes - 5:28 pm
- Freedom Festival returns in 2017 - 10:15 am
- W.Va. law authorizes opioid antidotes at schools - 10:15 am
- Grow Appalachia provides plants - 10:15 am
- Happy Easter - 10:15 am
- Fitzpatrick trial postponed - 6:30 am updated: 6:30 am.
- Justice vetoes lawmakers’ budget, criticizes funding cuts - 5:42 pm
- West Logan moving forward on collection efforts - 5:39 pm
- Fatal crash at Landville - 4:31 pm
Justice governor signs broad medical marijuana bill
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Gov. Jim Justice signed a law Wednesday making West Virginia the 29th state to allow the use of marijuana for certain m...
Chamber to host Moonshine Masquerade
LOGAN, W.Va. — The roots of the local moonshine industry run deep — generations deep.Moonshining is intertwined with the fabric of Appalac...
Giggenbach joins prosecution in Porter trial
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — An assistant Kanawha County prosecutor was appointed Tuesday to assist in the prosecution of a Logan County man accused of a...
Most coalfield counties still losing jobs
LOGAN, W.Va. — WorkForce West Virginia reported the jobless rate in West Virginia has dropped to a seasonally adjusted 4.9 percent.The state has...
Elimination of 47,000 outdated voter files
Press ReleaseCHARLESTON, W.Va. - Secretary of State Mac Warner announced today that working with county clerks in all 55 counties they have now remove...
McCann, Lady Tigers blank Hoover 1-0
CHAPMANVILLE, W.Va. — Friday night’s Chapmanville vs. Herbert Hoover high school softball team pitted two of the best teams in the Cardina...
Marshall baseball crushes FIU, 22-6, in Beckley
Press ReleaseBECKLEY, W.Va. — The Marshall baseball team (19-19, 8-8 C-USA) rode its offense in a 22-6 rout of the FIU Panthers (23-16, 8-8 C-US...
Herd softball steals way to win over Hokies, improve to 35-7
Press ReleaseBLACKSBURG, Va. – The Marshall softball team defeated the Virginia Tech Hokies 8-3, Friday night in the first contest of a three-ga...
No. 21 WVU grinds out series-opening win over Kansas State
MANHATTAN, Kan. – The No. 21 West Virginia University baseball team won a back-and-forth affair, 9-7, to open a three-game series at Kansas Stat...
Logan’s offense sputters in loss to 3A Ripley
LOGAN, W.Va. — The Class AA No. 6-ranked Logan High School baseball team couldn’t get the bats going and ended up falling 7-2 to the Class...
No. 5 Tigers hold off Panthers in 9-6 win
The Chapmanville Tigers were cruising along in their game on Wednesday night at Lincoln County.Down a half dozen runs, the Panthers made it interestin...
Janet’s Appalachian Kitchen
My Grandmother could make the best fried apple pies there ever was, the whole family looked forward to those pie at just about every visit. A few week...
Rev. Parsons welcomed by Man Church of Nazarene
MAN, W.Va. — April 2, 2017 marks the beginning the pastoral ministry of Rev. Ollie Parsons at the Man Church of the Nazarene.Rev. Parsons, an or...
The cradle of forestry in America
By Robert BeanblossomNestled in a mountainous valley known as the Pink Beds is the Cradle of Forestry in America, a national historic site. This spot ...
Janet’s Appalachian Recipes
Last week I went to Virginia to visit with my family that lives there. One night my cousin whipped up one of the best homemade salsa’s I have ev...
This Week in West Virginia History
By Michael [email protected] – The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to ...
Bipolar Disorder: Uncommon highs and extreme lows
By F. Keith DavisLogan Mingo Area Mental HealthBipolar Disorder is a serious mental health illness. It is essentially a reoccurring condition involvin...
The original mountaineers of this part of what became West Virginia brought with them many skills; one of which was the art of making their own corn l...
Amid graves of WWI, stark reminders of nationalism’s peril
YPRES, Belgium — Children now scamper through the remaining trenches on Hill 62 in Flanders fields, where Brits endured a World War I hell of mu...
The following editorial appeared in the Los Angeles Times on Monday, April 3:———It was bad enough back in 2011 when Donald Trump beg...
DUI driver damages LB&T
LOGAN, W.Va. — The branch of Logan Bank and Trust (LB&T) at Fountain Place Mall was reportedly damaged by a drunk driver in the late night h...
Witnessing is everything
John 4: 1-42 is a very familiar account of Jesus making a difference in someone’s life. But Jesus didn’t point out so much what He has don...
Life insurance may get you killed
Since I seem to be writing a good deal of stories concerning Logan’s violent past, I thought I should paint a written picture of how things were...