Debbie Rolenand Martha SparksStaff Writers
December 14, 2012
LOGAN – A man accused of stealing an automobile fled to evade law enforcement, but wasn’t able to get away from multiple charges filed against him.
According to the criminal complaint, West Virginia State Troopers R. E. Stowers and J. G. Honaker responded to a call about a stolen vehicle on Sunday, Dec. 8. In his statement, the victim said Jerry Michael Workman, 33, of Verdunville, entered his residence at around 2 a.m. and took his vehicle without his consent.
The troopers went to Workman’s residence. While they were there, they heard a vehicle wreck on Mud Creek Road and observed the stolen vehicle travel toward Harts Creek.
The officers activated their emergency lights and attempted to catch the fleeing vehicle, but were unsuccessful. They later found the vehicle and damage to the vehicle matched that of the guardrail damage.
Workman faces charges of burglary night time grand larceny, and four counts of fleeing in a vehicle. He is lodged at the Southwestern Regional Jail, with a bail set at $75000.
In other court news:
• David B. Culper, 33, was arrested and charged by WVSP Tpr. S.A. Belt on December 5 for five counts of fraudulent use of access device. He was released on a $10,000 bond.
• Brittany Leanne Berry, 22, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance on December 7 by MPD Patrolman J.D. Thomas. She was released on a $1,000 bond.
• Don Jerome Drake, 33, was arrested and charged with assault and destruction of property by LCSD Deputies J.A. Lyall and B.D. Cobb on December 7. He is being held in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $1,500 bail.
• James Curtis Floyd, 58, was arrested and charged with domestic battery and domestic assault on December 7 by WVSP Tpr. J.K. Harris. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Brandon Earl Price, 22, was arrested and charged with shoplifting on December 8 by LPD Patrolman M.E. Dickerson. He was released on a $1,000 bond.
• Ralph Dewayne Clark, 48, was arrested and charged with speeding, DUI, registration violation, no proof of insurance and seat belt violation on December 10 by WVSP Tpr. S.A. Belt. He was released on a $1,500 bond.
• Hobert Lee Wooten, 56, was arrested and charged with domestic assault, trespassing, public intoxication and obstructing by WVSP Tpr. S.A. Belt on December 11. He was released on a $1,500 bond.