Three men have been arrested in the physical assault of two males in the Pine Creek area on July 12.
According to the criminal complaint, the three men, Zachary Browning, 23, of Chapmanville, Austin Collins, 21, and Tyler Trent, 22, both of Henlawson, came upon a bon fire where the victims were hanging out at about 1 a.m.
Browning is accused of assaulting one of the victims with his fist, reportedly causing a facial fracture to the left Zygomatic Arch (cheek bone) and a possible sinus fracture. He was also accused of punching the side window out of car that belonged to one of the witnesses at the scene. Browning is charged with malicious assault, battery and destruction of property. His bail was set at $25,000.
Collins and Trent are accused of teaming with Browning in the physical assault of the two victims. Collins is also accused of kicking the side door of the witnesses vehicle causing damage. Collins was charged with battery and destruction of property. His bail was set at $500.
Trent was charged with battery. His bail was set at $500.
In other Magistrate Court news:
• Roy Thomas Steffie, 59, was booked on July 3 for petit larceny. His bail was set at $2,500.
• John Colbert Spry, 29, was booked on July 3 for no insurance, permitting driving on suspended/revoked non DUI, possession of a controlled substance and improper/expired registration. His bail was set at $3,500.
• Christopher Charles Green, 35, was booked on July 4 domestic assault 1st/2nd (by threats), domestic battery and possession with intent to deliver Scheduled 2 controlled substance. His bail was set at $7,500.
• Misti Dawn Elkins, 38, was booked on July 4 for receive/transfer stolen property and conspiracy to commit a felony. Her bail was set at $7,500.
• Margaret Michelle Thomas, 31, was booked on July 6 for theft (joyriding) unlawful taking of vehicle and drivers license revoked for DUI. Her bail was set at $2,500.
Criminal complaints are public information. Charges listed in a complaint are merely accusations; defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Martha Sparks is a news reporter and can be reached at 304-752-6950, ext. 1728, or via Twitter at @MarthaSparks.