A McConnell resident was arrested Aug. 21 for allegedly stealing barbeque ribs and several steaks from the Walmart at Fountain Place Mall.
Patrolman R. Adkins, with the Logan Police Department, reports he received a dispatch from Logan County 911 in reference to a shoplifter at Walmart. The shoplifter reportedly exited the store and got into a vehicle to leave.
Adkins was able to make a traffic stop on the vehicle, and, in the the passenger seat of the vehicle, he reportedly found Timothy Gibson, 48, of McConnell. Upon executing a search of the vehicle, Adkins found two packs of barbeque ribs and six steaks worth approximately $91.
While investigating Gibson’s background, Adkins found he had been convicted of shoplifting in April, 2015 and May, 2010. During his interview with Gibson, Adkins reports he admitted to stealing the meat from Walmart.
Gibson is charged with a felony count of third-offense shoplifting. West Virginia law code 61-3a-3 pertains to penalties for shoplifting and it states third-offense shoplifting, regardless of the amount taken, is a felony. If Gibson is found guilty, he could be forced to spend between one and 10 years in a state correctional facility and pay between $500 and $5,000 in fines. Bond was set to $5,000.
• Stephanie Trammell, 38, was arrested in Logan County Aug. 6 and is charged with a pretrial misdemeanor, possession of a controlled substance and public intoxication. Bond was set to $2,000. On Aug. 6, Trammell was able to post bond and is free pending trial.
• Terri Sloan, 42, was arrested in Logan County Aug. 8 and is charged with domestic battery. Bond was set to $1,500.
• Lori Ann Collins, 38, was arrested in Logan County Aug. 11 and is charged with second-offense shoplifting. Bond was set to $500.
• Dewey Perry, 49, was arrested in Logan County Aug. 13 and is charged with driving with a non-DUI revoked license, registration violation, obstructing and not having insurance on his vehicle. Bond was set to $5,000.
• Charles Epling, 34, was arrested in Logan County Aug. 5 and is charged with public intoxication, obstruction and second offense shoplifting. Bond was set to $3,500. On Aug. 17, Epling was able to post bond and is free pending trial.
• Jacob Bias, 23, was arrested in Logan County Aug. 6 and is charged with speeding, not having a motor vehicle inspection sticker and driving without a test. Bond was set to $2,600. On Aug. 6, Bias was able to post bond and is free pending trial.
Owen Wells is a reporter for Civitas Media. He can be reached at 304-752-6950 ext. 1729 or by email at [email protected]