Fire at Logan downtown business


By Fred Pace - [email protected]



LOGAN — A downtown Logan business received minor to moderate damages after a fire was spotted coming out of a second story window of the building.

A fire was reported at B&B Loans at the corner of Stratton and Dingess streets in Logan around 10:45 p.m., Wednesday night, according to City of Logan Fire Marshal Chris Hatfield.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire quickly and there was not much damage to the building, Hatfield said.

There were no people inside the building at the time of the fire and there were no injuries reported.

Hatfield said a cause of the fire has yet to be determined, but it appears to be accidental.

Firefighters believe the fire started in or near a trash can in the building, Hatfield added.

New owners Scott and Kelli Adkins said there were “very thankful and appreciative” for the quick response by firefighters.

“I believe they saved our business and the entire building from burning down,” Kelli Adkins said. “We want to give so much credit and thanks to the Logan Fire Department and all firefighters that put out the fire.”

The business was able to reopen Thursday around noon.

By Fred Pace

[email protected]

Fred Pace is an editor for Civitas Media. He can be reached at 304-369-1165, ext. 1661, in Madison; at 304-752-6950, ext. 1729 in Logan; by email at [email protected] or @fcpace62 on Twitter.

Fred Pace is an editor for Civitas Media. He can be reached at 304-369-1165, ext. 1661, in Madison; at 304-752-6950, ext. 1729 in Logan; by email at [email protected] or @fcpace62 on Twitter.

comments powered by Disqus