CHARLESTON — Attorney General Patrick Morrisey announced Monday, December 28, that a consumer representative from the Attorney General’s office will conduct mobile office hours during January throughout southwestern West Virginia. The office representative will educate consumers on the latest scams in their area and provide them with tips on how to protect their personal information from scammers.
Peni Adams, a consumer outreach and compliance specialist with the office, will host the mobile office hours, which are scheduled below:
• Jan. 4: 11 a.m. Scam Presentation to the Wyoming County CEOS at Cowshed Restaurant, 2991 Appalachian Hwy., Pineville
• Jan. 5: 1:30-3 p.m. at the Chapmanville Public Library, 299 Vance St., Chapmanville
• Jan. 6: 2-3:30 p.m. at the Kermit Public Library, 103 Main St., Kermit
• Jan. 7: Noon scam presentation to the Mingo County FRN, 1626 W. 3rd Ave., Williamson
• Jan. 12: 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. at the Pineville Public Library, 155 Park Ave., Riverside Complex, Pineville
• Jan. 12: 2:30-4:30 p.m. at the Mullens Public Library, 102 Fourth St., Mullens
• Jan. 13: 10 a.m.-Noon at the Mingo Public Library, Helena Ave., Delbarton
• Jan. 13: 1-3 p.m. at the Williamson Public Library, 101 Logan St., Williamson
• Jan. 14: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the Harts Senior Center, 3 Freedom Ln., Harts
• Jan. 14: 5-6 p.m. at the Logan Public Library, 16 Wildcat Way, Logan
• Jan. 15: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the Madison/Danville Senior Center, 768 Lick Creek, Danville
• Jan. 19: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the Gilbert Senior Center, 4th and Venus Streets, Gilbert
• Jan. 21: 10 a.m. Scam Presentation to the Boone County FRN, Danville Community Center, Hopkins Ave., Danville
• Jan. 25: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Guyan River Public Library, 5352 McClellan Hwy., Branchland
“Mobile office hours provide a chance for consumers to talk directly with office representatives regarding questions and concerns they may have.” Morrisey said. “It’s a great way for consumers to not only learn how to protect their personal information but about additional issues that may be affecting their area.”
The mobile office hours are open to the public; reservations are not required.
For information about the mobile office hours, contact Peni Adams 304-993-9106.