Pinecreek family loses home to fire


Martha Sparks - [email protected]



OMAR, W.Va. — The Main Island Creek Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire at the residence of Dale Maynard at Yankee Road at Pinecreek Thursday afternoon.

According to Fire Chief Steven Stone, the mobile home, along with several cars, was a total loss.

Stone reports that the department arrived on scene at approximately 12:30 p.m. and requested assistance from the Logan Fire Department.

The cause of the fire was undetermined and Stone said the state fire marshal will be asked to investigate.

The Maynard family was home at the time of the fire and escaped without injury.

Martha Sparks

[email protected]

comments powered by Disqus