Another fire in Logan ruled arson
by Martha Sparks Society Editor
Another fire in the vicinity of Logan has been ruled arson according to Logan Fire Department Chief Scott Beckett.
“About two weeks ago we responded to a house fire at University Avenue. The fire that day was ruled as electrical or accidental fire,” Beckett said. “We responded Wednesday evening about 6:30 to the same house fire.”
Beckett said the second fire was definitely arson.
“We called the State’s fire marshal and they came in and did an investigation,” Beckett said. “It was definite arson… there were no utilities on in the building.”
Beckett said the fire will be investigated.
Beckett said this year, his department statistics are up on responding to fire calls.
“This year, as a whole, we are up on calls… probably about 10 percent,” Beckett said.
Beckett urges anyone with any information on the latest fire investigation, or on any of the other arson ruled fires to call the State’s arson hotline at 1-800-233-FIRE.
“You can give anonymous tips on anything that you have seen… not only fires in Logan, but Man, Chapmanville… anywhere,” Beckett said. “Just leave your information and the fire marshal’s office will follow up on it.”
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices