Warrants cause of several arrests
Martha Sparks email@example.com
Several people were booked recently who had outstanding warrants on them.
• Patrick Sean Ballard, 20, of Henlawson, was booked on Sept. 25, by the West Virginia State Police for receiving/transferring stolen property, breaking and entering and grand larceny.
According to the criminal complaint, Ballard allegedly broke into an outbuilding in December 2012 and took a green 2002 Honda Ranger 350 and moved it to St. Albans.
Ballard’s bail was set at $30,000.
• Curtis Jeffrey, 42, of Pecks Mill, was booked on Oct. 1 by the WVSP for obtaining goods under false pretenses. According to the complaint, Jeffrey wrote a check for $20,702.50 in July 2013 to Mike Ferrell for a 2009 Cadillac. The check was bad and Jeffrey has failed to pay Ferrell. His bail was set at $5,000.
• Stacy Spaulding, 43, of Lyburn, allegedly broke the front door of a house in July 2013 and stole an iPad. A witness alleges to have seen Spaulding enter and exit the residence. She was booked on Sept. 28 for burglary by the Logan County Sheriff’s Dept. Her bail was set at $5,000.
In other magistrate court news:
• Jeremie Dean Bailey, 31, was booked on Sept. 16 by the West Virginia State Police for domestic battery, public intoxication and domestic assault 1st/2nd (without display of weapon). His bail was set at $3,500.
• Darrell William Stollings, 53, was booked on Sept. 16 by the WVSP for possession of a controlled substance, driving on revoked license, no insurance, registration violation and inspection violation. His bail was set at $3,000.
• James Anthony Canterbury, 20, was booked on Sept. 19 by the WVSP for trespassing and obstructing. His bail was set at $1,100.
• Mark Steven Shadd, 38, was booked on Sept. 19 by the Chapmanville Police Department for possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Charlie Edmond Johnson, 41, was booked on Sept. 19 by the Logan County Sheriff’s Dept. for domestic battery and domestic assault. His bail was set at $2,000.
• Teresa Dawn Stewart, 38, was booked on Sept. 19 by the WVSP for two counts shoplifting 3rd offense. Her bail was set at $1,000.
• William Austin Gore, 18, was booked on Sept. 20 by the WVSP for obstructing, two counts battery on an officer, two counts assault and possession of a controlled substance. His bail was set at $3,000.
• Gary Reed Nickerson, 20, was booked on Sept. 21 by the LCSD for failure to maintain control of vehicle, DUI 1st offense and driving while suspended/revoked non DUI. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Melvin David Maynard, 34, was booked on Sept. 21 by the WVSP for defective equipment, motor vehicle inspection violation, failure to signal, and driver’s license revoked for DUI. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Matilda Lynn Crum, 49, was booked on Sept. 22 by LPD for disorderly conduct, obstructing and domestic assault. Her bail was set at $2,500.
Criminal complaints are public information. Charges listed in an indictment are merely accusations; defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices