Deputies respond to beaten woman
by Martha Sparks email@example.com
Logan County Sheriff Deputies responded to a 911 call in reference to a female covered in blood on Oct. 13, near Auto Zone on Holden Road.
Officers observed the victim, Amber White (aka Amber Collins) to be covered in blood. White reported to officers that Charles Delano Belcher, 68, of Mt. Gay, had pushed her out of a moving vehicle. She further stated that he stopped is vehicle and came over to her and began hitting her in the face and shoving her to the ground. Officers observed White’s injuries as scrapes and abrasions on her arms and bleeding from her mouth and nose as being consistent with White’s statement.
Belcher was charged with malicious assault/wounding/battery. His bail was set at $10,000.
In other Magistrate Court news:
• Patrick John Kenney, 47, was booked on Oct. 13 by the West Virginia State Police for driving suspended/revoked for DUI, no insurance, registration violation, motor vehicle inspection violation and no child restraint. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Brittany Patton, 22, was booked on Oct. 14 by the Logan Police Department for domestic battery. Her bail was set at $2,500.
• Daniel Dean Nagy, 30, was booked on Oct. 14 by the LCSD for domestic battery. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Tony Merl Messer, 38, was booked on Oct. 14 by the LCSD on two counts of possession of a controlled substance. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Robert Wesley Messer, 44, was booked on Oct. 14 by the LCSD for domestic battery. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Brittany Sue Browning, 23, was booked on Oct. 15 by the LPD for shoplifting 1st offense and obstructing. Her bail was set at $2,500.
Criminal complaints are public information. Charges listed in an indictment are merely accusations; defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices