Two area men were arrested recently for drug charges while riding recreational vehicles.
On July 15, William Obrian Copley, 26, of Davin, was observed riding a green Kawasaki ZX14 travelling over the yellow line on Copperas Fork Road by the West Virginia State Police.
When the Troopers initiated a stop, Copley allegedly accelerated to an excessively high rate of speed. The officers located the vehicle at the top of US 119 entrance ramp and identified the riders as Copley. Copley was unable to provide officers with proof of insurance and officers determined that the registration sticker had expired and that there was no inspection sticker.
The Troopers stated on the complaint that permission was asked to look into the black bags on the bike and that Copley advised the officers that he had a firearm in the bag. The officers retrieved the firearm, which was stored in a holster with the safety off and eight rounds in the magazine, although none were found in the chamber. Officers also allegedly found a prescription bottle with someone else’s name on it and with 20 Suboxone sublingual film strips inside and a local pharmacy’s paper bag with more Suboxone Sublingual film strips inside.
Copley was charged with driving left of center, reckless driving, possession of a controlled substance, carrying a concealed deadly weapon, prohibited possession of a firearm, expired registration, no insurance and no motor vehicle inspection sticker. His bail was set at $4,000.
In other Magistrate Court news:
• Christina Rae Frye, 33, was booked on June 30 by the Logan County Sheriff Deputies for battery and assault. Her bail was set at $1,500.
• Thomas Larry Boutwell, 31, was booked on July 2 by the WVSP for driver’s license revoked for DUI, possession of a controlled substance, reckless driving, operating an ATV on a centerline road, and no insurance. His bail was set at $3,500.
• James David Harrison, 51, was booked on July 2 by the LCSD for driving on revoked license, no insurance and DUI (1st offense). His bail was set at $3,500.
• Arthur Glen Cook, 31, was booked on July 3 by the WVSP for grand larceny and trespassing. His bail was set at $10,000.
• Bryan Keith Lewis, 22, was booked on July 3 for assault and battery. His bail was set at $5,000.
• Aaron Gene Fleming, 39, was booked on July 4 by the WVSP for two counts defective equipment, no seat belt, reckless driving and DUI. His bail was set at $5,000.
• Brian Keith Akers, 34, was booked on July 5 by the WVSP for drivers license revoked for DUI 2nd offense, registration violation, no insurance and no motor vehicle inspection sticker. His bail was set at $5,000.
• Vicki Catherine Richardson, 52, was booked on July 5 by the WVSP for delivery of a controlled substance. Her bail was set at $10,000.
• Kevin William Thompson, 35, was booked on July 5 by the WVSP for drivers license revoked for DUI, no insurance and failure to obey traffic device. His bail was set at $4,000.
Criminal complaints are public information. Charges listed in a complaint are merely accusations; defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.