Recent criminal complaints
An alleged altercation on November 13 between Jerry Frye, 56, of Cora, and his son, Jerry Keith Frye II, 30, of Ethel, ended in both facing criminal charges. Frye Sr. was charged with malicious assault bond after he allegedly hit his son over the head with an ashtray and caused a severe laceration. The son was also charged with malicious assault after he allegedly stabbed his father and caused a severe laceration to the left pectoral area of his chest. West Virginia StateTroopers S.A. Belt and C. D. Kuhn were the arresting officers. Both were released. Bond for the senior Frye is $3,000 and $5,000 for Frye II.
In other court news:
• Leonard D. Hobbs, 45, was arrested and charged with driving suspended/revoked for non DUI, no proof of insurance, registration violation and possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance on November 26 by WVSP Tprs. J.B. Frye and S.A. Belt. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Elba Ray Workman, 54, was arrested and charged with public intoxication and obstructing on November 30 by Chapmanville Police Department Cpl. N.D. Tucker. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Ralph Carter, 59, was arrested and charged with aggravated DUI, no operators, no proof of insurance and seat belt violation on November 30 by WVSP Tpr. T.D. Boggs. He was released on a $3,500 bond.
• David Stone, 55, was arrested and charged with DUI and no proof of insurance on December 1 by WVSP Tpr. J.G. Honaker. He was released on a $3,500 bond.
• Joshua Virgil Browning, 23, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and domestic battery on December 1 by WVSP Tpr. J.G. Honaker. He was released on a $3,500 bond.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices