The Ladies Auxiliary of the Central United Baptist Church met Monday, January 14, at the Central Christian Center for their monthly meeting.
Janet Doss, president, welcomed everyone and read from Psalms 112. Prayer requests, fellowship, the theme song “Love Lifted Me” and circle prayer was offered and enjoyed before business began.
Host Circle 1, with members Melody Adkins, Betty Clark, Myrtle David, Judy Hicks, Dara Martin, Pat Maynard, Kristi McNeely, Carol Moore, Patty Mowery, Sue Ann Richardson, Sharon Skeens, Kim Stennet and Barbara Workman, was recognized. Circle 1 provided refreshments.
Devotion was given by Carol Moore on the Spiritual Alphabet from Guidepost and Philippians 3:13.
Special singing: Melody Adkins sang “Come Morning” for the auxiliary.
- Several “thank you” cards were received and read. A donation was also noted.
- The bloodmobile held a blood drive at the Central Christian Center on Jan. 8.
- A Bean Dinner for Feb. 27 from 5-6:30 p.m. was planned.
- The Sweetheart Dinner is scheduled for February 9 at 6:30 p.m. at the Central Christian Center and includes lasagna, salad, bread and desserts.
- Plans were made to clean the kitchen on Jan. 25 at 10 am.
The door prize was won by Kaye Browning and Pat Maynard gave the closing prayer.
Attending was Lana Brammer, Janet Doss, Sue Ann Richardson, Melody Adkins, Patty Mowery, Carol Moore, Barbara Lanthorne, Pat Maynard, Kristi Mcneely, Linda Williamson, Debbie Evans, Barbara Workman, Lois Farmer, Cathy Duncan, Kaye Browning, Alera Messer, Karen Wooten and Sue Farmer.