Recent Logan County arrests
and Martha Sparks
Recent criminal complaints filed in the Logan County Magistrates Court include:
• Carlos Rose, 47, of Peach Creek, was charged with public intoxication, disorderly conduct and hitchhiking after officers saw him on a bridge yelling at traffic as he stood in the eastbound lane. The suspect, Carlos Rose, was attempting to get a ride. The criminal complaint says the officer approached him and told him to leave the roadway and quit yelling. The suspect had the odor of an intoxicating beverage on his breath and refused the officer’s order. He was released under a $500 bond.
• Michael Steven Ellis, 34, of Davin, was charged with grand larceny and transferring stolen property after his mother, the victim, Paula Ellis filed a complaint. According to the complaint, the defendant stole an electric guitar, a dishwasher, a sewing machine and Home Interior framed prints while she was out of town. The victim told officers her son had admitted to taking the items and told her he had sold or pawned them. The total value of the items was $1,020. Bond was set for Ellis at $10,000.
• Walter James Ward, 32, of Logan, was arrested and charged with assault and child abuse resulting in injury child abuse and neglect creating risk of injury. Logan City Police Officers responded to a call from the Dollar General Store. A couple had a child about two years old in the store. The victim observed Mr. Ward pick the child up with its jacket hood. The child was choking and the victim asked Ward not to do that. Ward proceeded to threaten the victim and told the woman with him she had better shut the victim up. The woman didn’t say anything, but Ward told the victim he would wait outside to kill her. The officers located Ward near the Logan Banner office. Ward’s bond was set at $3,000.
• West Virginia State Police responded to a domestic situation at the Tims Fork area of Logan County. The victim, Lorrie Adams accused her sister, Tonya Marie Butcher, 35, of Chapmanville, of cussing her and starting a physical altercation. The officer noted marks were noticeable on the victim Butcher was charged with domestic battery and domestic assault. Butcher was released under a $2,000 bond. Part two of this incident had Butcher filing a complaint against Adams, saying Adams cussed her and hit her several times during the physical altercation. Butcher said at one point, Adams threw a pool ball and hit her head near her right eyebrow and broke her glasses. Officers noted noticeable marks on Butcher as well. Adams was charged with domestic battery, domestic assault and destruction of property. She was released under a $3,000 bond.
• Paul David Wiley, 20, of Ethel, was recently arrested and charged with battery, assault and false police report stemming from an incident that occurred October 28, 2012. The victim, the defendant, filed a complaint with the West Virginia State Police, saying two men attacked him and his cousin, hit him with a bat and took his identification and food stamp cards. The officer interviewed the cousin, who advised she and her cousin were at a bonfire when Wiley grabbed an underage girl’s hair. The girl’s boyfriend then got into a physical altercation, without weapons, with Wiley. The cousin provided the officer with the name of the man who fought with Wiley. When officers interviewed him, his story was the same as the cousin’s. He said Wiley pulled his girlfriend’s hair and he and Wiley got into a physical altercation, without weapons. Wiley did tell officers he thought the man they talked to was the man who attacked him. Wiley’s bond was set at $3,000.
• Brandon Hairston, 27, was arrested by the Task Force and charged with possession with intent to deliver. His bond was set at $5,000.
• Chad Mullins, 38, was arrested by the West Virginia State Police and charged with domestic battery, domestic assault, battery, assault and public intoxication. He was released under $3,500 bond.
• Andrew Cantrell, 25, was arrested by the West Virginia State Police and charged with driving suspended/revoked for non-DUI, no proof of insurance, two registration violations and motor vehicle inspection. He was released under $4,000 bond.
• Shane Butcher, 25, was arrested by Chapmanville police officers for petit larceny and registration violation. His bond was set at $2,500.
• John Paul Belcher, 34, was arrested by the West Virginia State Police for domestic assault, domestic battery, public intoxication and obstructing. His bond was set at $5,000.
• Daniel Damon Murphy, 36, was arrested and charged with obstructing, possession of a controlled substance less than 15grams, public intoxication and no helmet on ATV by the WVSP on February 4. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Stephanie D. Smith, 34, of Kistler, was arrested and charged on February 4 in connection to an accident on July 31, 2012. Charges issued by the LPD included failure to yield right of way, driving while license suspended/revoked for non DUI, no insurance and leaving scene of accident. She was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Eddie Charles Walker, 48, was arrested and charged on February 5 by the WVSP for burglary, petit larceny and destruction of property. His bond was set at $7,500.
• April Dawn Woodall, 35, was arrested and charged on February 6 by the MPD for speeding and driving suspended/revoked for non DUI. Her bond was set at $2,500.
• Michael Edward Stollings, 52, was arrested and charged on February 6 for violation of DVP. His bond was set at $2,500.
• Paul Michael Bowman, 36, was arrested and charged on February 6 for driving suspended/revoked for non DUI 2nd offense, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, no proof of insurance and defective equipment by the WVSP. His bond was set at $2,500.
• Charlie Edmond Johnson, 40, was arrested and charged by the LPD on February 7 for destruction of property. His bond was set at $2,500.
• Kathleen Marie Bellomy, 38, was arrested and charged by the WVSP on February 9 for DUI, failure to maintain control and reckless driving. Her bond was set at $3,000.
• Brandon Duke Boytek, 27, was arrested and charged on February 9 by the WVSP for DUI and failure to signal turn. His bond was set at $1,500.
• Rhonda Elaine Bailey, 49, was arrested and charged on February 10 by the MPD for possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, left of center and DUI. Her bond was set at $10,000.
• Alan Steven Hunter, 21, was arrested and charged on February 11 by the WVSP for DUI, left of center, no proof of insurance, defective equipment and seat belt violation. His bond was set at $2,500.
• Randall Belcher, 56, was arrested and charged by the WVSP on February 18 for domestic assault and domestic battery. His bond was set at $2,500.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices