The regular meeting of the Logan County Commission consisted of a series of funding approvals for various community functions and organizations.
Commission President Danny Godby began the meeting with a moment of silence for Carl Adkins, the Logan attorney who was killed after a tree crashed into his vehicle. Adkins was listed on the meeting agenda to be appointed Fiduciary Commissioner. Godby had known Adkins since his days as a high school student and gave tribute to his abilities and character.
Actions taken by the commission included:
- Approval of a $500 donation to the Sharples High School Reunion Committee. This is the second reunion for all classes of the high school and the commission made the same contribution to the first one.
- Approval of a $500 donation to the Logan Bobcats Sports Youth Wrestling
- Approval of the annual memorandum of agreement with the West Virginia University Cooperative Extension Service and County Extension Service Committee.
- Grant funding approvals: Helmet and equipment purchases for the 4-H ATV Safety Program, $3,000 and two community park upgrades at $2,500 and $5,000.
- Approval of $500 each for the Logan County teams who advanced to the state tournaments.
The next meeting will be held March 18 at 3 p.m.